The Houzz Message Center is a direct line of communication between Houzz marketplace Sellers and customers.
How to send a message to a Seller:
After placing an order, you can contact the seller directly by accessing the “Your Houzz” section of your profile:
- Click on "Your purchases."
- Select “Contact Seller”.
The Seller will respond to messages through the Message Center, and you will receive an email alerting you when the Seller responds. Do not reply to this message from the email. Click the “See Message” button within the email to read and reply to the message in the portal.
Where to find messages:
- Sign in to your Houzz account.
- Click on “Your Houzz” in the upper right hand corner.
- Click the "Messages" link from the horizontal menu.
Examples of how to use the tool:
- Issue: You receive your order but find that it was damaged in transit.
- Solution: Message the Seller to notify them about the damaged item. They will work with you according to their posted Damage and Returns policy to resolve your issue. If the issue remains unresolved, then Houzz will mediate. Please contact Houzz by visiting http://support.houzz.com to submit a Support Request.
- Issue: You realize that you would like a different color than what you ordered earlier that day.
- Solution: Message the Seller to let them know of your request and see if they can substitute the correct color. Many of our Sellers work with third-party manufacturers and may not be able to honor the request, but they will work with you according to their posted policies to resolve your issue. If the issue remains unresolved, then Houzz will mediate. Please contact Houzz by visiting http://support.houzz.com to submit a Support Request.
The messaging tool is designed to streamline communication and solve problems faster. It is not to be used for marketing purposes, and if you feel that a Seller is using it for such purposes, please contact Houzz at http://support.houzz.com.