The Houzz Messaging feature enables communication between Houzz sellers and customers. You will be able to exchange messages directly with customers via the Houzz Messages interface, or directly via your email client.
How it works:
After placing an order, the customer or seller can initiate contact using an online form on Houzz (by clicking on the “Contact” button on an order). You will receive an email when you have a new message. You can reply to the customer in two ways, via Houzz or your email client.
Responding to a message via Houzz:
After signing in, select Seller Central from the “Your Houzz” menu in the top right corner of the screen. In Seller Central, click the Messages link in the menu on the left side of your screen to see and respond to all messages.
Click the message to open the dialog box and write your reply.
Responding to a message via your business email:
When a customer initiates a message, you will also receive an email notification with the customer’s message.
You can reply to the inquiry directly from your email client. Your reply will also appear in the Messages section of Seller Central.
Initiating a message:
If you need to initiate contact with a customer about an order, sign in to Seller Central. Click on the “Contact Customer” button next to the appropriate order.
The messaging tool is designed to streamline communication and solve problems faster.
- You are required to respond to all customer inquiries within 24 hours of receipt.
- Be helpful and friendly in all communication.
The following actions are prohibited:
- Unsolicited communication or remarketing to Houzz customers after a sale.
- Including your phone number, email address or website URL.
- Incentivizing or encouraging positive reviews.
- Attempting to upsell.
- Including any promotional messaging other than Houzz coupon codes.
- Including any external links, even to product or return information on your website.
- Writing negative comments about Houzz or other Marketplace vendors.
If you need to cancel a customer’s order after it is processed, you must reach out to the customer by sending a message through Houzz and notify Houzz directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.