Houzz has established a set of standard return and damage policies to create a first-class experience for our customers, to be fair to our sellers and to promote the shopping experience and generate sales.
The following guidelines apply:
- Seller must offer return policy terms on Houzz that are the same or better than what they offer on all other channels.
- Seller must honor all return and refund requests that are initiated by a customer within the agreed upon time frame (usually 30 calendar days).
- Seller will provide proper shipping information, Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA), and any other information necessary to complete a return within 48 hours of a return request.
- Seller will promptly confirm receipt of returned goods and notify Houzz customer support to process the refund.
- Seller must issue a full refund or exchange for any damaged shipment unless otherwise agreed to with the customer for any partial refund.
- If Houzz deems that a seller has violated the guidelines or intentionally created a bad experience for a customer, the seller will be required to pay for return shipping.
- If Houzz deems that a seller has acted appropriately and promptly and the return is not due to seller negligence, the seller will not be responsible for paying the Houzz Marketplace referral fee on the transaction.
Once an order has been shipped and received by the customer, the customer has the option to request a return. You are always responsible for communicating directly with the buyer to resolve a return. Time responses to return requests directly impact your seller score.
- A buyer initiates a return by choosing “Return Item” from their Orders page.
- Houzz notifies you of the return via a site message and an email notification. Site messages can be found at: http://www.houzz.com/messages. A link to your Messages also appears in Seller Central. You are required to respond to all buyer Messages, including return requests, within 24 hours. A response can be a simple acknowledgement that you are processing the return and will follow-up with next steps.
- You can process the return by sending the buyer an RMA number (if applicable) and a return address.
- Once you receive the return, inspect and approve the return.
- To issue a refund to the buyer, please email follow the steps in this article: Issuing a Refund